Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Ode To Sore Crotch and The Lil' 500








This little gem comes from my friend Allison here at Luck Bros Coffee, who is always looking out for raunchy bits of cycling fodder for me to post..

She was telling me about the Indiana University racers who prticipate in the annual cult race, the Lil' 500. This race is a 500 mile relay race that is done on a crushed cinder oval track. Crashes are very common, and massive damage to the flesh occurs every lap. It's a spectator's dream, and a riders painfull nightmare. The ladies team rides through so much genital pain that they actually created a cheer song to keep their girls rolling through the zygote-flattening anguish. Like to hear it? Here it goes.....

"Ode To Sore Crotch"

Do your lips hang low

Do they wobble to and fro

Can you tie 'em in a knot

Or in a testicular-tight bow

Can you throw 'em over your thigh

Like you banged a girthy guy

Do your lips hang low?




Now as much as I would love to take credit for this one, it is a true story. I love this story so much, I may taking a trip to Indiana this year just to help chant the song. Ahhhhh...one can dream, right?

3 Comments:

At 3:27 PM, Blogger Amanda Winter said...

H'ok, so, der' is de Earf... Haha, just kidding. Ok, but really... Lauren Magee used to work over at the Dublin store (this is pre-Lichtenauer, obviously.) She was a Kappa Delta at Indianna University and a big road rider and her sorority put together a cycling team (make whatever jokes you want here...) So, 2 years ago (I think) they actually won the lil'500. Go here for a photo (I couldn't figure out how to post a photo, sorry):
http://i267.photobucket.com/albums/ii283/areass/VictoryPic_Big.jpg
It's just funny because you made a whole post about it.

 
At 8:54 PM, Blogger Timothy said...

allison showed me this at work because she was to sheepish to utter those words in front of me. that race reminds me of the worlds best bicycle movie, "breaking away"... mainly because it takes place in the same town.

 
At 12:24 PM, Blogger Sharpie said...

The best bike movie made was OFF ROAD TO ATHENS, Breaking Away is second...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home