Wednesday, March 29, 2006

Wrench Therapy


It's nine thirty p.m., and Desi and I just came back in the house. Heidi stopped by to get some new rubber installed for this weekend's X-Terra race, and get her bike tuned up. Yesterday, I was at work from 7a.m., until 1:30a.m. this morning with only a total of twenty minutes out for food intake. Then I returned to work by 8a.m. today. So why am I up late, and still smiling? Because I was spending some quality time working on yet another teammate's bike, before yet another race.
I don't know why I enjoy working on the bikes so much, but I do enjoy it immensely. It's fun to take a hardly-functioning bike and make it run like butta'.
It's even more fun to see someone (usually the owner of that bike) pay attention and actively participate in the process! Working on Abels' bike Sunday, and Heidi's bike today just reaffirmed my love for the sport, and all of the people involved here at Backbone. I can't wait to get back to that old routine of camping, racing, and shennanigans that so exemplifies this group. O.K., so I'm NOT looking forward to shaving mohawks into Ara, Jim, and my heads again...but seeing the heavies and Stakk perfom displays of Armenian "Kick-Fighting" are certainly worth a season of cold nights an camp food. Long live the lifestyle...see ya'll in San Diego


Christerphizzle

2 Comments:

At 10:28 PM, Blogger Fuzzy said...

You dont work !!! haha. This year at San Diego you're shaving a mohawk down my back. The visual... *shivers*

Hey! You dont have the copyrights to use my pics. Classic shot tho!

 
At 8:40 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was looking back through some of your old post and found this pic...to me it totally represents Desi and Chris's relationship!!! CLASIC!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home