Friday, June 09, 2006

Robert "Taco" Monterrubio

At Water Studio (where I work) we have one of the funniest motherf*****s I have ever met. His name is Robert "TACO" Monterrubio. His nick name comes from a semi-homeless woman he overheard on a bus one day, calling an Hispanic guy the only derogatory term she could think of...."TACO." Anyhow, I brought in a very old, but very clean Specialized Sirrius commuter bike for him a few weeks ago, in the hopes of getting him interested in commuting to work, or just riding in general. Turns out, this TACO has been bike commuting on the Sirrius two days a week, every week since the bike was handed over! The old rig has had new life breathed into her thanks to Robert. Anyhow, he is the biggest team supporter you never met, knows about all of you guys/gals, and reads the team blog every night. Look for some whacked out comments soon as I am encouraging him to comment regularly. Robert will hopefully come to race soon. His wife "works late" alot (yeah, right, works late..sure she works late..you keep buying that one! :))so she may not be able to come, but he may just be there one day handing you a water bottle and yelling. Just don't think he's gonna stab you, cuz after all, he is a "TACO!" haha..thanks Robert!

Chris

2 Comments:

At 7:03 PM, Blogger Sharpie said...

The only way I'll get in trouble is if I don't let Desi break off some of her first! Desi is in love with Meghan, so I guess it's ok..as long as I get to watch! :)

 
At 7:04 PM, Blogger Sharpie said...

What's racial about calling someone an ethnic food slur? You call me "Pot Roast" all the time, but do I get mad? Noooooo....

 

Post a Comment

<< Home