Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Kenda Dred Tred Tire Review Update









Although I haven't had a mountain bike since the Camp-N-Rizzle a couple of weeks ago, I still would like to give a quick long-term review of the Prototype Dred Tred Tire I have been on HEAVILY since the show. I have had the 1.8 casing size, and I typically run between 45 and 50 psi. That being said, I am also a 200 plus-pounder on a hardtail. So far, despite it's burlier than usual appearance, it has proven to be my new favorite tire..FOR EVERYTHING!
John Tomac always prefers traction over straight speed from a tire, and he would be stoked I think on this new offering from KENDA. Light, fast rolling, and remarkably grippy, this little 1.8 grabs like a 2.25 and rolls like a semi-slick.
After many weeks of tortuous and rocky abuse, the tire appears only slightly worn, and could still be used for a good half season of racing. Most race tires are too slicky to really allow a man of my ...ahem...."stature" .....to get out of the saddle on steep climbs and pound. I almost always spin out and lose momentum. The Dred Tred, even at 50psi in a 1.8, never lets me down. I can't wait to buy one in the larger size for winter riding on my new 2007 Titus Moto-Lite. If you have to keep one tire for every race, my new choice is the Dred Tred! I finally have a replacement for the long-dead Kharisma 1.9.

Happy Trails

Chris

2 Comments:

At 4:31 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

At 200+ lbs... of course your on them Heavily

 
At 9:58 PM, Blogger Sharpie said...

Your mama didn't think it was too heavy!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home