Saturday, January 13, 2007

Titus Moto-Lite For 2007 Here!!




So, after many months of eager anticiaption.....my silver 2007 Moto-Lite showed up....with a tan. Actually, they still don't have any Silvers, so they sent me the FIRST BLACK ONE on the planet. Yes, I am officially a TITUS lab rat, testing the new carbon bits on the trail bike. I will send the frame back as soon as the silver one arrives, but in the mean time..YEEHAW!







Parts pick is the 2007 All Mountain 2 Kit, with a mixture of XT and X-9 parts from Shimano and SRAM. I have never owned SRAM, but must say I am pleasantly surprised despite my skepticism. Cranks and cassette, and front derailleur are XT, with the shifters and rear derailleur SRAM X-9. Brakes are Avid Juicy 7's, and the wheel are DT X455's. Carbon seat post (w/black chrome head), Ti railed saddle, and bars and stem are from MAXIM, and a WTB headset with it. FOX provides the squishy bits, with a 2" stroke RP23 in the rear and a re-designed TALAS RLC 32 up front. Both suspension parts have more finite adjustments than Rosie O'Donnell's girdle, and allow the bike to morph from locked out 4" xc bike to 5+" travel trail bike. I am eagerly awaiting the arrival of my XPEDO pedals, which will greatly enhance my ability to beat the crap out of this chassis.

******NOTE THE TIRES***** This bike comes with 2.35 Kenda Nevegals...but I have a secret. That's a 2.35 Small Block 8 in the back. Up front you will see a prototype tire from Interbike..a new tire sidewall strip that almost entirely eliminates sidewall cuts, with no added weight! It's sparkly, too, like stipper boobies! Yaaay stripper boobies! It's on a 2.35 Nevegal. Stealthy, very stealthy.

"Don't you wish your bike stash was hot like mine?..Don't ya'?"







With a fairly high bottom bracket, I look forward to rolling through terrain not touched since the old CONEJO AP/5's downhill days. Should I feel guilty for having two new bikes? naaahhh...really, when you think about it, this selfish bastard of a team has gotten me nothing at the end of the year for TWO STRAIGHT years, opting instead to bleed me dry then kick dirt in my face. (hint....DROPPED)
SO, I had to take matters into my own hands. That makes TWO brand spanking new TITUS bikes in the last two months. Now if I just had a new road frame.....

Anyone down to help me break her in next weekend?

Chris

4 Comments:

At 9:03 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ship that Titus out here...I'll break her in for ya....

 
At 12:15 PM, Blogger Vegas said...

I thought you did it cuz you loved us, guess I wasn't thinking? ;) Plus, I missed the CFR daze, so I can also claim ingorance.

Oh, and I will be happy to come up there and have you leave me in the dust on the DH on that monster machine!

 
At 10:44 PM, Blogger Sharpie said...

BOB! If I didn't love ya would I have worked so hard to get you SARA?
Do you know how many Rufie's it took to get her to say yes to mett you? That's love, BITCH!:)

 
At 10:45 PM, Blogger Sharpie said...

Timo, it's not my hands I've been putting on that bike....

C

 

Post a Comment

<< Home