Monday, June 18, 2007




Hey, Chris
Just wanted to let you know what a fun weekend I had at the Appalachian classic. Let's start off with how happy I was with my dog Remmy, who attended his first race of the season since being banned by the "Tookie court of law" for nipping a kid a year ago. He did great... Just don't come running up behind him while he's sleeping.
Anyway the camping weekend was great.
The race on the other hand not so great. The first couple of miles myself and four others had a good break on the field but... then it happened. In true Tookie fashion, a rear flat hit that took a few minutes to change. Back in the race, but a few more miles down the course the rear end was getting loose on a very dry, rooty, rocky course that hadn't had any rain in a few weeks.
So I looked down at a marshmallow rear tire that was almost rolling off the rim on the off camber down hills. Now I'm in the NASCAR stop and go, air up your tire every four or five miles challenge. With the "cool" temperatures in the nineties and pegged-out heart rate to the point of a heat stroke, I finished 11th.....it was just another weekend for "Tookie luck"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home