Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Taylor's Fontana Kenda Kup Report!



Hey Chris,
Just thought I would throw you a quick race report from Fontucky. The weekend went well, I mostly want to extend a huge thanks to Randy and Roger this weekend for helping everybody out so much. Roger manned the Kenda booth almost non-stop during the weekend, and it seems like he only took breaks to go work the feed zone for our XC folks. Randy of course brought the un-official Backbone race-mobile out again, and offered up his pit space to everyone. My race run could have gone better, I made a big mistake in the first corner and went through the course tape and actually had to dismount and run my bike back onto the course! The rest of my run was perfect though, my time put me just a few seconds outside of my goal of a top 20 finish. Jared Rando had a similar thing happen to him (in the same corner), and while he normally would have placed top 5, he ended up close to 20th. I wound up placing 31st out of 50 at my first Pro National race. I think I lost about 8-10 seconds during my dismount, and thats exactly what would have placed me in the top 20! Oh well, I'm crossing my fingers for Sea Otter.

Taylor


**Thanks T, I am by far your number 1 fan. Great work, and I could only dream of being as good as you are on a bike!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home