Sunday, November 22, 2009

CONCUSSION!!!

**Chucky-T at Fontana early this season aboard his Tomac Primer.**

Hey Chris!
The last race of the year is upon us Southern California folks, and the weather could not be any better. Donny put together a brand new DH course that involved plenty of rocks and steep drop-ins. Unfortunately, my head met one of these rocks during practice yesterday.



**Our gravity crew relies on products like the 661 Evolution helmet to stay alive.**
I never lost conciousness, but my vision turned green for a little while. It went back to normal after about a minute. I have a mild concussion (yeah, I know, shocking), and a very sore neck (which was compressed when I hit head first). Needless to say, I will be skipping the race today. But, I would like to at the very least say thanks to 661 for making an awesome helmet! The rock took a small chunk out of the side, and since my head and neck took the brunt of the impact, I can only imagine what would have happened without my gear! So, I am a little sore and slightly concussed, but I'll be back on the bike in a couple of days. Maybe I'll take up something less injury prone next year, like shuffle board. . .

3 Comments:

At 7:15 PM, Blogger Sharpie said...

Thanks for the update, I'll call tomorrow and see if you need anything! Get better, I need you out there!! :)

 
At 7:54 AM, Blogger Tookie said...

Is Beer good for a concussion, if not... A beer will be good for my I'll drink a few towards your recovery.

 
At 3:30 PM, Blogger rushman said...

Tookie, beer is good for everything and at any time.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home