Monday, October 01, 2012

West Coast Backboners Crossin' It Up!

 

Hey Chris,

Yesterday, Thome and I, raced by his house in the first round of the SoCal Cyclocross Prestige Series in Costa Mesa. The course was fun with half of it on dirt singletrack which gave us dirtbags an advantage, especially me because I was atop my Carbon Type-X Tomac 26er hardtail. The Sigma EZ up kept us cool and out of the scorching sun. Amino Vital was flowing to keep us hydrated.My Sigma Rox 9.0 registered the heat at the start line at 103 F.  The shipment of Amino Vital Fastcharge was passed around, that stuff does wonder before and during a race. Xpedo pedals are awesome for cyclocross because they are so easy to clip in and out of. Kenda Kozmil Lites hooked up great in the loose dirt and grassy sections. The results are not up yet, but I personally started in the back of the humongous field in Class B and during the laps passed a bunch of riders though. Curious to see where my placing was, hopefully top twenty! Will let you know for sure. Thome took some great picks and the cowbell from hell was loud.


Season started off well for us. This weekend is Round #2 in Downtown LA, I'll be out for this one (Catalina Island for 3 days) but Mark will represent for sure.

Until next time,

Fuzz

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home