Friday, May 30, 2014

RANDY RUSH IS BACK, BITCHES!


    
Cap'n,

 
Hope things are going well, and your Girlface is getting better! Well I finally got out to a race last night (I know holy shit). Kim, myself and a friend of our's Ricky headed down to Lake Hodges for the "Quick n Dirty" Wednesday night series. I have never been down there before and because I didn't get to race any U.S. Cups I am going to try and ride all 8 of these races.

On to the races! Man there was a shit ton of people there! I did not expect to see that many riders, so I guess Mountain biking is growing these days. For me I didn't so much like the fact that they run ALL of the sport (cat 2) riders in one big group off the start,  but I understand why. So I am lined up on the back row, so of course a bad start ensued and the fact that we arrived 30 minutes before start time (trying to be like Vegas Bob in the old days) and had no idea where the course went equals not such a good first lap. As you can imagine it was dry and DUSTY and when your in the back that is no bueno. I follow on the first lap and there are a few really steep climbs on the course. We were climbing the first one like a herd of cattle... just granny gearing on up. There are a few rocky sections on the course that I didn't do so well on. I was hitting my pedals frequently (but my Xpedo pedals took a beating but never skipped a beat)... anyway I passed a couple guys and headed out for lap number 2.

The third lap I was feeling good right up until the last long single track climb that had two little rock gardens in it and BOOM! I got all jacked up. I couldn't get my feet out (totally my fault) fast enough and tumbled down the rocks and into some bushes, bike on top of me and still couldn't get out! I finally got going and passed a couple guys and headed out for the last lap.

The course was 3 miles and we did four laps and once I learned it, it was a very fun layout. Will try and hit all 8 races in this series.

Don't know how I finished and don't really care. We had I believe 35 or so guys in my class and they are some fast Mo Fo's! I want to say thanks to all of our sponsors Kenda, Amino Vital (it was hot and humid) KMC chains, Hydrapak, Ryders eyeware, Xpedo pedals and you Captn, for keeping this rag tag team of misfits together for so many years it's great to a part of it.

Until next week I'm out.

Randy

PS official results will be posted today on there website. (Quickndirty.com)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home