Thursday, October 05, 2017

Randy's Fontucky Breakdown



Chris-to-fer,
 
So SRC has a new series going on the fall series. I haven't raced there in a long time but I know the course so I decided to go. Well..............I had a good time but I freakin died! I guess some sport riders and beginner riders complained about the big climb I think it was called the elevator at the start and I was like WHAT? but Donnie took it out for the beginners and sports and I was bummed. (that was before the race started). We lined up and I saw a lot of friends I haven't seen in a while which was really cool.
 
We took of and I was running top 8 or so and was like alright I can do this right up until we got to the paved road climb! then I said FUCK 2 miles into a 15 mile race and I was gassed already with a heart rate of 190 already. So I dropped back like a rock in water and just tried to survive as this course has a lot of climbing. Made it threw the first lap and headed out for #2. Going up the paved road on lap 2 when it was 95 degree's was not fun at all BUT luckley I had my Amino Vital to keep me hydrated. I was telling myself no way I can do another lap and was prepairing myself to quit on lap #2 trying to convince myself it was the right thing to do.
 
Towards the end of lap #2 I was still talking to myself about quitting but as I rounded the last left hander before the finish I said I have never quit a race in my life and I"m not starting now so off I went for #3. The 3rd lap was actually my best lap feeling wise. I started to get into a grove and was feeling ok. So I finished not even worring about how I did.
 
Afterword I was hanging out with a few guy's when they were doing awards and heard my name and was like WTF? so I ended up 5th and on the podium which was a total surprise. I had a great time being back at the race's and hanging out with good people.
 
This weekend is cross at Irvive lake and will be there Saturday for that. looking forword to suffering some more.
 
Thanks to all our great sponcors........#aminovital #expedopedals #kendatires #sigmasport #hydrapak #ryderseyewear.
 
Talk to ya next week,
 
Randy

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home