Saturday, December 03, 2005

NCS BONELLI DATE CHANGE!


There has been a change in the NORBA NCS BONELLI race date schedule. I know it will probably change again...and again...and again...but for now, according to the infinite wisdom of the USCF, it will now be on April the 22nd-23rd.
Today I was able to go ride a 4,000 foot mountain pass, in the frigid wind-chapped mountains near Santa Clarita. Abel was my wing man, as we rode from Hwy 14 and San Fernando road all the way up to the fire station/NIKE missile site at around 4,200 ft. of elevation. Perfect timing, as we made it back in time to watch the Trojans destroy the Bruins at the Colliseum today.
The rest of the gang hit Mt Pinos, in the Los Padres National Forest, to do McGill Trail. It was 32 degrees up there today, with wind chill making closer to 20! While I did not get to go on that ride, I know that at that temperature, not even Ara's FUR or the Wild Turkey in Jim's camelback could keep the boys warm. I hope that Jay, Conor, Jim, and Ara don't get stuck looking like Jack Nicholson at the end of "The Shining!" Tomorrow is road ride day with Don in Burbank. Wow, riding feels good! Now if I can just get someone to let me have the rest of my life off with pay..........


Cap'n Chris

4 Comments:

At 9:36 AM, Blogger Fuzzy said...

I was hoping they would cancel the race at Bonelli and move it to Castaic ... hahahah... *not laughing*

 
At 8:14 AM, Blogger Sharpie said...

Crapstaic should be the Big Bear replacement area. We should do all races there, ESPECIALLY MARATHON races. That would be sweet. Ara, you like Castaic, right? Isn't that your favorite?
haha...

 
At 11:16 AM, Blogger Fuzzy said...

Oh yea !! It'll be a dream of mine to do 10 laps around the Castaic course... Team Castaic Lake. That place is going to get nuked soon. Gives me the hibby'jeebies just thinking of that Godforsaken place.

 
At 8:33 AM, Blogger Sharpie said...

Papo! It was a last minute thing, and I did not get to make it either. I was out that morning with Abel, so I had to miss out as well. Hopefully we can all plan something for this weekend!!

C

 

Post a Comment

<< Home