Tuesday, January 16, 2007

It's Not That Cold In Cali

Desi on Sydney Peaks Trail, near Brian Head Utah.

Don't cry about the cold. In Brian Head today (Ara and I's fave plave to ride) it is a cozy ZERO degrees, with winds making it MINUS THIRTEEN. Quit crying, and get out and ride! Monday night I had a great ride all alone, up Sullivan canyon and down Westridge Fire Road. It was actually fairly warm at the top of the canyon, and despite a seemingly freezing start, was sweating like hell. I'm sure it doesn't help that I weigh myself on a livestock scale, but it really wasn't cold enough NOT to ride.








Desi and Jimena Florit on the NORBA course last year



My buddy Jesse is trying to get me up to Strawberry Peak on Saturday, but I may go out and pre-ride Fontucky! I hate for Randy to race in the old fart division alone, so I may go cruise the course with him next week. It may be cool, but not cold! Timari said it was ZERO in Mammoth last week, too! She is still out snow shoeing, so suck it up!








Me descending the left fork of Bunker Creek Trail in Brian Head. With all that pretty, it should be a crime to cover it in snow so I can't ride it...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home