Tuesday, July 03, 2007

Taylor's DH Race Report, Tahoe





Yo Chris, heres a little caption from the weekend
racing at Northstar.


Dang, what a weekend at Northstar! The dust was
horrendous, and 30 second gaps between riders were
necessary just to maintain average visibility.
Although, temperatures in the Tahoe/Truckee area were
in the 70s the entire weekend, with clear skies all
the way around. My riding wasn't as fortunate as the
weather, I was plagued by problems from the start; I
had a crash in the trees on day 1 that left me with
slightly bruised ribs and a bruised shoulder, and a
TOUGH rock garden that blew out my front fork during
my first run! Little did I know that when my fork
blew out, I lost most of my suspension travel! I
continued to practice, but noticed that I was getting
horrible arm pump, to the point where I could hardly
feel the handlebars near the bottom of the trail. It
wasnt until after my race run, that I noticed I only
had 3" of travel left in my front forks! My Kenda
Nevegals held up great, and despite the best efforts
of the nasty rock garden that claimed many rims and
tires over the weekend, I didnt suffer a single flat.
But even with all the quirky problems, I still managed
a decent race run, and landed a 2nd place finish. If
anybody gets a chance to travel up to Northstar, it is
well worth the trip. Just bring some sort of
breathing appartus to help with the dust!

Taylor







0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home