Thursday, October 04, 2007

X-Fusion/Titus Team Drops Three Riders.

Brian Fawley (STX Nat Champ), Timari Pruis (MULTIPLE 24 hr Champ) and Melanie Meyers all found out the low-down and dirty way that they were getting the ax from their team manager at Interbike. Telling timo that they were not looking for an endurance rider, they quickly turned around and picked up Giant rider Hillary Harrison (also an endurance racer). I hate to see that happen to such good people, some of which may not even know yet they have been cut from the 2008 squad. Team managers always like to wait until Friday, when Interbike is closing, to drop the hammer on loyal riders. Bummer, because that leaves the riders NO ability to tallk to potential sponsors for the coming season. The show is over, everyone has gone home, and you get left out. That sucks. It's done on purpose, so the rider has a slim chance of racing for a competing team. That is weak, too. If you don't want them, why begrudge them another team? This is a very sad side to the sport, and it bums me out even more when it happens to people I know. Timo, we all love you here at Backbone, and I personally will do whatever possible to cover you for next season...

2 Comments:

At 3:39 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Everytime I saw Brian race super D he was coming in top 5. And don't they have like 6 xc girls and it doesn't make sence to get ride of one of the better ones.

Timari deserves a better home anyway.

Who runs the x fusion ream?

 
At 9:05 PM, Blogger timari said...

Yeah, not to worry.....Chris is always looking out for me.....and fortunately I have made lots of contacts over the years, so I will be fine, I already have some things in the works. The situation kinda sucks, but everything works out for a reason....and hey, there is always that possibility that you all may have to put up with me even more than you have had to in past years! thank you all for always supporting me!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home