Sunday, June 01, 2008

Chuck-"TABASCO"-Taylor Takes SILVER On The Primer!












Does this crazy cracker look meaner than snake poop, and twice as nasty? YES, yes he does. Chucky-"Tabasco"-Taylor Libolt mounted his sturdy steed (NOT your mother), his brand new TOMAC PRIMER dh rig and hammered his way through the rocky course to a SILVER MEDAL in today's Cal State DH Series race...in Baby-Pro! Now, this skinny ass-whuppin' machine was racing on his team issue (as in "he didn't pay for it") TOMAC PRIMER that is so secret, it actually says "SAMPLE" on the bottom bracket where the serial number should be. Better equipped than the floor model PRIMER, it has the upgraded Fox 5.0 rear shock with a Ti spring. Is it the best DH frame on the market? Would Johhny T endorse anything else? I doubt it. Thanks again to all the Backbone sponsors for providing guys like Tabasco a chance to show ya what he's got! Congratulations to one of the nicest guys in racing...and apparently one of the fastest. I only hope he's not that fast in the sack...although it IS company policy. Here's his race report from Fontucky!
########################################################






Phew! After a not so thrilling race run at Angel Fire last weekend, I stepped it up a notch aboard my new Tomac Primer. Saturday I did about 8 practice runs on what was probably one of the funnest courses Donny and Southridge have put on this year. Nothing was too tricky about it, just wide open and fast with great corners and a couple little rocks to jump. The bike worked great, I couldn't have asked for anything better. My first run down the hill on Sunday morning put me into 5th position. I was separated from 4th by a meager .03 seconds, and holding off 6th place by about the same margin. Race times were very tight, and a slipped gear seems to have meant the difference between being on the podium and going home empty handed. Fortunately, I have a habit of being faster my 2nd run down the hill. I stepped it up a bit for run 2, hit all my lines and shaved 1.5 seconds off of my first run time. Everybody else in my class had a slightly slower 2nd run, and I was able to pull off a 2nd place overall for the day once times were combined!



P.S. Anybody going to Ellings Park TBB/California State race this coming weekend?




1 Comments:

At 3:37 PM, Blogger Vegas said...

WAY TO GO, HOT STUFF!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home