Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Jay's Angel Fire Race Report


The MSC race in Angel Fire NM was great. We got snow the first day that accumulated at the top of the mountain. The course was so much fun. Unfortunately, I am in terrible racing shape, and didn’t do too well. I guess that you really do need to train for semi-pro. I think this may have given me some motivation though. I will be back. Jim was riding real well and going fast all week. Unfortunately he was taken out of the race by an early morning race day crash on a different course that we had to ride down after not getting a practice on the race course that morning. There were 550 DH riders entered with a 1 hr practice window day of the race. We had plenty of time to practice throughout the week, but a run on the course on race day of would have been nice to check out conditions. I am not saying that this would of helped me though with my conditioning. Here are the semi-pro results (yeah, look way down there L) I had a great time riding the course with Jim and Taylor. It is nice to be back on the course after a year off.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home