Monday, July 14, 2008

A Letter From Roger













Yo Randy,

We missed you at Rim Nordic, I told them you caught the herpes and that you were putting up a great battle.. but it might have progressed too far along for recovery....and that you wanted spend your last days on earth roller skating down at the beach in pink dolphin shorts!!!! Dammit man we need you back!!!! I know you got stuff you have to get a handle on before you come back... :)

The stage race was good, it was Vanessa and me, and we were joined by James Cross and Christie Pleiss. The weather was good, about 70 degrees and after Saturday's hill climb and short course race it poured for about 2 hrs, making the course perfect for Sunday's xc race. Vanessa got 1st place in all three categories ( her times were close to the pro girl above her) and the TOMAC did great. James did good but had a technical problems with his rear brake and Christie was just recovering from some time off and was just feeling her legs out...

Vegas Bob said he was thinking about coming out, but never heard or saw him on Sunday...Brant had to work and chase girls and Bert and Ryan never do that series??? Mathew is visting family back east...

Anyway 2 weeks is the State Race at Rim Nordic, who's coming??? Do we need the cabin????

Hey Chris who's racing this year??? I got about 5 people on the team this year that have been racing their butts off for you and Backbone ,and I swear I gave out gear and swag to about 12 people?? Where are they??? Next year we need to have some rule about "will race for gear and swag"??? There are plenty of people out there that go to races who could use some pedals, jersey's, supplements, tires, computers etc...

p.s. I know I am grumpy about it... but attendance is down at the races and on the team, I know gas is expensive, but the local Cal State races arent that far??

much love,

Roger

1 Comments:

At 5:49 AM, Blogger Sharpie said...

Thanks Rog! I know that the CO guys have been keeping to their schedule, as have Jeff and Ryan Nolan. In all fairness to the Cali crew, their season never actually ends. This is the part of the season that I used to really try hard to fight off the burn-out for the riders. In the midwest/east, the season only runs from about June to September. In the west, the season runs from December to December, rolling from XC and DH into Cyclocross and crit racing. It's hard to stay on top and focused with a race each and every weekend. I am totally in agreement that more folks need to step up, considering the chances we have gotten/will be getting. How many teams get what we do? Who else gets those opportunities?
I have a couple of Jr. World's DH guys wanting on the squad for next year, so maybe we'll see who wants it more at the end of the season.
I do like having the beginners and sports on the team, I feel it's important to keep everyone grounded and fresh blood in the sport...but I'd also like to see certain folks out more. We'll get a few names together and see who gets an eviction slip? :)

Chris

 

Post a Comment

<< Home