Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Vanessa' 12 Hr Race Report



Bert and I finished up third in the 2 person coed. Thanks to Bert. He rocked. Cheyne (new Backboner) did a 2 person single speed with his friend and they finished second. It was a warm day with a lot of steep technical climbing. I believe they had over 400 racers. A very fun atmosphere. Ryan was the only non racing Backboner to come out and support. He did a great job and made sure we rested and ate in between laps. Roger had to work, but is always at every race. He also made sure I had everything I needed. The Tomac Carbide's ran great and Amino Vital kept us going. So I wouldn't mind doing a 12 hour race again, but would like to specifically train for this type of race. I think Bert is ready for 24.



**Thanks Vanessa, and GREAT JOB Cheyne, Bert and V! **

2 Comments:

At 12:23 PM, Blogger Vegas said...

Great job guys! I'd like to try one, but since I can barely make it around the course for 2 hrs, I will definitely wait awhile to try 12 hrs!!!

 
At 8:44 PM, Blogger taylor said...

2hrs? I get winded after 5 minutes!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home