Monday, September 14, 2009

Randy Has Seen The Light


Yo Captn,

Well as a lot of people on this team know I don't ride (outside) when it's cold I am a pussy and I have never ridden at night, but our shop rides on Wednesday nights are now running into the dark time. Well two weeks ago I had a nice little run in with a car on our ride right near the end of it and I was partially at fault as I was leading (two bikes behind me had a light) and didn't have a light so It was boom, but no harm no foul.

So the very next day I gave James at Sigma a call and ordered a new Karma light. Not knowing anything about lights because I had no intention of riding at night I asked James what he suggested. He said that Tookie was running a few of these so I had him send one out. I received my light last Wednesday and charged it up all afternoon, mounted it (yes i said mounted) and off we went riding. Now it doesn't get dark till the last 30 to 45 minutes of the ride but I couldn't wait so I could check this little gem out, and when it got dark I was amazed how bright this thing.. is it's incredible.

I had a lot of fun riding at night but it was still around 78 degrees out so it was rad. Anyway if anyone needs a light hit up James at Sigma and get one or more of the Karmas! I will be getting another for my helmet soon, since these lights are small light and very bright! They fuckin rock guys and gals so get you some.

I'll see ya in a week Captn.

Randy

3 Comments:

At 12:10 PM, Blogger Vegas said...

Congrats Randy! Yeah I've only got to use mine a few times, mostly on the paved bike trial after work, but it's killer. Everyone jumps outta my way with that thing blasting light down the trail!
I just used it for the first extended amount of time on the 3AM ride mentioned in the blog above and you're right, it's very bright for such a small, lightweight unit. *Unit* haha.

 
At 10:03 AM, Blogger Tookie said...

Randy on a full charge the KARMA will burn for about 3+ hours. those lights kick ass and KING James at SIGMA knows how to hook a brother UP!, I'll be using my again this weekend at a 24 hour race in OH.

 
At 7:32 AM, Blogger rushman said...

Tookie, These things do rock I only have one right now but I will have another one in a few weeks. good luck this weekend dude.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home