Wednesday, February 10, 2010

It Doesn't Only Snow In Ohio





Yo Cap'n!
This was my ride from last Sunday. Snow in Orange County, baby, a whole week after the storm! 70 degrees at the bottom but the Tomac flew up Harding truck trail, Kenda tires scrambling over the rocks, to Santiago Peak: 5,689 feet where it was definitely a lot more chilly! Luckily my Hydrapak was filled not only with lots of food but also a vest and arm warmers. The sun nowhere in sight, we quickly jumped back on our bikes and headed down Joplin and The Luge. The top of Joplin still had 3" to 6" of snow for almost a mile! Crazy sliding fun. As we continued to drop, the temperature continued to rise and were were soon back into the warmth, where the Carbide deftly maneuvered through the rock gardens.

I'm glad you're taking the brundt of the snow riding out East Cap'n cuz I think this is about the most I'll be logging in!
Photos taken by Carl Bauer from my shop BuyMyBikes.com.
Catch you later,
VB

2 Comments:

At 12:52 PM, Blogger taylor said...

Dang!

 
At 7:18 PM, Blogger Tookie said...

We have so much snow in Ky. Now 6" would be a blessing. I don't know when we are going to see the ground next.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home