Sunday, October 23, 2005

Transitions Suck


That's right, they do. Cyclocross racing would be perfect if not for those DAMN transitions! Who gets off the bike during a race, just because? If I want to lift something up, let it be a beer, or maybe Beauford. Actually, the dismount and gate jumping was ok, the re-mounting is what really sucks. No momentum (at least not when I feebly attempted it) at all, really. Strangely enough, it looked REALLY fast when Burt did it in BOTH of his races today....and come to think of it, Christie beat my average speed by .5 mph, so she was having no problems either.
ok..so the transitions don't suck, I suck...but it was still way too fun, and I will keep doing them until the transitions no longer suck. I felt great, had fun, and was really wierd to see Greg show pictures of a race, and I was in them!! Thanks Greg for taking pix and yelling. Actually, thanks to Bert, Christie, Teri, Ara, James, Stack, Alex, and James' new squeeze for all the support. The yelling helps, really!
So, Bert took second place in single speed, then RAN back up to register for the Men's b-division race (again on single-speed) and placed 11th! Holy crap man, what is wrong with you?? Christie, now Pro, is now 1 out of 1 for Pro podiums! Not a bad way to start off the career. Christie took a 5th today, not bad, especially considering the incredibly fast company she was with. I did not get last. The men's C field was the deepest, with 41 riders. I finished in 29th, and it was those damn transitions...

Next time, baby, next time!

Cap'n Chris

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home