Wednesday, November 09, 2005

Camp-N-Rizzle '05

1. Saturday raffle

2. Sunset at Sycamore


3. Murphy da Dawg









4. The Mars Lander







5. Group ride on Two-Foxes trail

So here are pix courstesy of Vegas Bob from this years Camp-N-Rizzle! Thanks to all the teammates, family, friends, and ESRI employee cyclists Union who attended this year. Also, thanks to the sponsors who always seem to pull through at the last minute. We still have shots coming from Betsy's husband, Tim, and from Greg. Greg had his knee brace on Saturday, and still managed to tough out the long ride with tons of climbing and singletrack. We had to drink a tremendous amount of beer to recover all the lost fluids from that ride.
Christie and Greg brought the entire workforce from ESRI in Redlands, leaving the entire city almost barren for three days. Congrats to all the newbies from ESRI, who went cukoo for cocoa puffs on the sometimes hairy singletrack options found in the park. In the words of Japanese Admiral Hirohito, "I fear we have awakened a sleeping giant.." The ladies will be out on their bikes much more, I think, armed with the skills developed at Camp-N-Rizzle.
Oscar Rodriguez also showed up, and brought his boyz with him for the ride and raffle. They had to share a ride with King James Saturday, and hopefully did not get too reamed out by their wives for enjoying themselves for a couple of hours. Selfish bastards! :) It was great to see Oscar, as his new baby has prevented him from racing all but Sea Otter this year.
We also had the pleasure of seeing Tim, and Betsy's sister and nieces/nephews. Tim is my Doppelganger, and has the world's most remarkable rendition of a camel (toe) you have ever heard. We all enjoy Tim, in all his freaky-ness. Vegas Bob came out, as well, and was of great help to me in Friday's set up and raffle-prize bagging. How about those raffle prizes, eh? DO OUR SPONSORS HOOK IT UP, OR WHAT?
Desi-Lou, with her recently rebuilt bike, went out on a 4 hour Sunday epic with Betsy, then left for work. Her bike is now fixed, and I hope she will enjoy riding the mtb again. Bert and new teammate Dawn returned to camp-N-Rizzle this year as well. Bert completely destroyed me as a human being, and as a cyclist, when I made the woefull decision to pass him on the fire road back to camp. After almost laughing himself into a coma (I am guessing), he went by me with only a hundred yards to go. I sneezed, and he was GONE. Not that kind of gone where you see them slowly drop you. GONE, like Pam Anderson's father's pride after that video came out with Tommy-Lee. gone. Bye, Bert. See ya later. I was taken to school Sunday, in a very short, very yellow bus, with my helmet on.

I hope that everyone enjoyed the weekend. I am in post-DE-partem depression, and am seriously thinking about living out of my truck, under the cover of my sweet KENDA e-z up for the rest of my life. Please bring me beer and burgers if you find me.....

Cap'n Chris

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home