Thursday, October 19, 2006

Ryan Nolan's DH Update

Ryan Nolan Letting The Other Guys Win For A Change


The season ended quickly with the last two races of the Diablo Domination Series being only a week apart. The race on September 24th was definitely my favorite course all year. It had some of everything in it, from fast speeds on open fireroads and some crazy rock sections. In my opinion it was the perfect race course, mostly because it did include dry weather. I finished 5th place in this race. Just 2 weeks prior, on October 8th at the finals they decided to do something different for the last race. They incorporated many of the drops that Diablo has to offer all in one course. This was fun to ride but I didn't feel as if it was very much like a race course. Maybe because the course from the last race I felt was the perfect dh run because this one had a lot to live up to. It turned out that the course didn't like me much better than I liked it, as I only rode to a 17th place finish. Now for the good news, in the overall points for the series I finished 8th place. I'm very happy with this because each race always had close to 50 competitors. Some had more than 50, I know the first race had 90 something. I can't believe the season is over already, it seems like I was just at the first race. Next year I am going to try and do more NORBA races along with the Diablo Series again and focus some on the Mid Atlantic Cup.


Ryan Nolan
Backbone Adventure Cycling
Expert DH

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home