Monday, July 23, 2007

Bert Blanchette Crashes In Vermont Sunday





Backbone's National 2006 Super-D National Champion and all around great guy, Bert Blanchette, had a terrible crash yesterday in Vermont. I had a long conversation with Jim Wannamaker (Kenda USA) this morning, and he had told me that Bert had suffered severe lacerations on his legs and back. While able to walk (barely), Bert was saying that he was happy that it wasn't any worse. Apparently the course had to pretty rough, since Bert can ride more stuff on his hardtail than most people can clean on a DH bike.




***Bert and Vanessa at Sea Otter this year***







I tried calling him today, but will assume he is in recovery at this point. My guess is that Bert will NOT be racing in North Carolina at the end of the month. I will attempt to reach Ryan tonight for an update on Bert's condition.









0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home