Thursday, July 12, 2007

Hustle And Bustle




Midwest life is so different from the hustle and bustle of Los Angeles. The "traffic" out here consists of a twenty minute drive down I-71 from polaris into downtown..and people cry like babies about it! They really have no idea how bad it can be. Try living in Titus' home town of Tempe, AZ. Maybe they could run the drive in from Riverside to Los Angeles for a week! I must admit, though, the people are about as friendly as you could ask for. It's very "hometown Americana" and the living is very easy. I see people all the time who say they left for a while after college, but found themselves gravitating back here for reasons beyond their ability to explain. I think it's just because when they visited California they couldn't get chicken fried steak smothered in sausage gravy, served with a side of 'tots. Oh, and you can't smoke anywhere in Cali, either. That chases most midwesterners out right there!
I certainly do miss some of the bustle, but the lack of all that "hustle" is kinda nice...for now. I have rarely seen more pleasant and helpful people. The city planners actually plan for things like "recreation" and "traffic." All of the corporate plazas have large walking paths through corporate owned parks...complete with well-stocked fishing ponds! How about takin' your lunch break and jerking some small mouth bass out of the company pond???? Beats choking down something extra greasy from the "F" rated roach-coach. The diets here are pretty scary, though. There is really only ONE vegetarian restaurant I have seen. I'd have to guess that even half of that stuff would have to be triple battered and lard-fried with a stick of butter. Oh yeah, then served with suasage gravy. Hmm...now that I think of it, this may be the perfect place for ROGER!! haha..
Anyhow..things are going well and I have been riding a ton of road. I am shooting for a return to the Golden State sometime around this time next year, but I'll keep ya posted. Please send me some real mountain bike trails so I may actually get to use my front fork for something! Peace out my freakishly talented little cherubims!

Christerpheezy

2 Comments:

At 9:30 PM, Blogger timari said...

oh chris, i like the sexy "come hither" look you have on your face in that picture.......you sexy biatch!

 
At 7:44 AM, Blogger rushman said...

Captn, You know jerking something at lunch is a great thing but I don't think it would be a large muth bass for me!!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home