Thursday, July 19, 2007

Jay and The Fuzziest Go To Colorado







Ara and Jay go to CO


The year was 2007. The date was June 28th. One Armenian was about to go where he has never gone before. Colorado. This is the story of Ara “Fuzzy” Movessianianboomshakalak and his journey to the far east (or just a little east to Denver). The ship (aka 661 van) arrived to pick up the little fuzzy guy at his house on this Thursday night. The adventure started out with the neighborhood drunk and trying to get Ara’s 2 bikes into the van along with my 5 bikes, the CRF 50 and enough of my gear to survive on the road infinitely. We drove through the desert for most of the night taking a short break to cuddle somewhere on the 15 in Utah. Ara woke before me to drive a while in the morning but I believe he slept about 12 of the 14 hours that we were in the van.






The first stop was Keystone resort where we met up with Mr. Jim Roff. We pooped. We then set up the most prestige camp where we readied our bikes in preparation of a full day of riding the next day. All was well until the meany security guard kicked us out for illegal camping. This worked out to my favor as we headed back to the Roff residence for a shower and Rhoda’s great cooking. This is where the story changes gears. Mainly because if I keep going in this much detail, everybody will stop reading, somebody will get arrested and I will have no idea what I am talking about, because parts were a blur.









So here are some highlights of our trip not particularly in chronological order. We rode at Winter Park resort where Ara took to the lifts and “didn’t crash” at least twice. We hit up Keystone resort again where Jim did crash twice and Ara decided to avoid the lift and earn his way to the top of the mountain. We spent the other days riding Jim’s local cross country trails which where some of the best trails that I have ridden in a long time. We watched 4th of July fireworks from the Roff’s balcony (we all held hands). Visited Dana, Shane, Ross, and the boys at the Yeti factory. Did a little “bar” tour with Rhoda’s co-workers. Stopped by the New Belgium brewery in Fort Collins. By the way, next time you talk to Jim ask him how a full growler feels on your toes (major party foul), Spent time in between working on our tans at the pool and hot tubbing. We managed to do all of this while drinking and eating Rhoda’s food the whole time. I do have to mention that at one point, the youngin (not to mention any names) said NO to beer. So disappointed. We also managed to get to the movies for the opening night of the Transformers movie. Best true story that I have ever seen on the big screen.









So that is a quick summary of what I can remember from my part of the trip or that I can tell with out getting anybody in trouble or highly embarrassed. All in all it was one of the best trips that I have ever taken. I can’t wait to go back. Actually, I am going back this Friday. I would like to thank my little fuzzy co-pilot/room mate for the week, Jim, Rhoda, and somebody else (hmmm…) for the great time that I had there. The pictures that we took probably tell a better story than my words, so enjoy them.










Ok, so this is the little part at the end of the movie when they don’t tell you the end of the movie so they cheat and explain the rest to you.









July 8th
Jay went on to leave CO on his own to do the full drive in one shot and arrive home at 4:00 am that Monday morning were he was found overdosed on coffee and Monster.








July 14th
Jim and Ara completed the Triple Bypass ride with a total of 129 miles and over 10,000 feet of climbing. Animals I tell you, animals.

July 16th
Ara boards the plane back to CA with a tear in his eye. Armenians reside in Glendale buddy. Sorry.

3 Comments:

At 1:34 PM, Blogger timari said...

Hmmmph! Triple Bypass Ride, you pussy's! Next year sack up and be real men and head out here to Nevada and do the Death Ride (which I completed last Saturday by the way.........). 5 (yes 5!) passes, 126 miles, and over 16,000 feet of climbing! The Triple Bypass is for kids! :) Love ya' boys!

 
At 6:57 PM, Blogger JIMBO said...

I'm glad you posted this.. It saves me from posting on my blog..
I must keep my silence, as promised to the brotherhood.. I apologize to the families of Jay and Ara, as the events which took place here in Colorado, may have changed their sons lives forever.

 
At 6:12 PM, Blogger JIMBO said...

Thats nice Timari... But we did it drunk on single speeds

 

Post a Comment

<< Home