Friday, August 03, 2007

Bert Blanchette Recovery Progressing





Hey, I’m alive and my body has recovered enough so I can ride… my road bike that is. Not quite mtn bike ready yet. My VT Super D experience left me battered and bruised and though I felt like I broke several parts of my body, a week plus later after still hurting I had several parts x-rayed and revealed only a slight fracture in lower back. Thought my shoulder was wrecked along with hip but they’re healing and like I said I’m back riding to and from work.



There was a period there where I was wondering if I should re-think some of the more extreme riding. Time has healed that wound cause I’m pretty sure I got over that… I think!!!

Don’t care to race Super D in VT on a hard tail ever again in my life. That sucked bad!!! Actually every course I rode in VT sucked with the rain, mud, roots, rocks…all way beyond anything I’ve ever experienced and I’m old and have ridden a lot of shit. That was shit, I so wished I had a helmet cam so I could share how gnarly, sloppy, and hugely technical those courses were. It would’ve been tough dry, doable but tough. But add the amount of water pouring down the mountain, making some of trails literally riverways and the huge rocks I’m talking big stuff with drops onto never a clean landing with off camber roots soaking with not just water but mud so your tires were sure not to hook up. While I was congratulating Mary Mac on her victory and Mike on his great weekend, I suggested to Mary that her victory was aided by all the European courses she’s been racing and I was happy to hear Mary her say that even the sloppy world cup riding wasn’t nearly as tough as the conditions there in Vermont for the Nationals.







Well I could go on forever about how gnarly that ___ing place was but I got to save something for the campfire at the camp-n-ride.



Peace out and ride on my friend!

1 Comments:

At 6:30 PM, Blogger Sharpie said...

Bert, you are a god, and I am glad to hear you are alive. Don't EVER crash again, ok?

C

 

Post a Comment

<< Home