Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Wednesday Rant; Bring Back The Funny

"There once was an old lady who lived in a shoe. She had so many kids...her uterus fell out."




What happened? Comedy used to be funny. Then one day...BAM..."special interest groups" killed it. Thanks for that. I am SO glad that the "League Of Insecure Tubby Housefrau's" got to tell me what was funny and what wasn't. It's not their fault that Sam Kinison
snorted a mountain of cocaine off a Palm Springs hotel urinal and drove his Trans Am off the road. They ARE responsible for the demise of the sweaty, foul mouthed but spectacularly hilarious Andrew "Dice" Clay, and even Eddie Murphy. Do you REALLY think he wanted to do that crap ass film, "PLUTO NASH?" That's the nice thing about comedy..it's funny. YOU may not think it's funny, but it is. Even if it hits close to home for YOU, someone is laughing at your expense..and trust me, it's DAMN FUNNY. Do I call the "Society For Dudes With Tiny Weenies" when Lyd is standing there in the dark laughing out loud, and pointing at my junk? She CERTAINLY isn't laughing because she is trying to figure out whether or not to feed it a peanut. Hurtfull to me? Maybe. Funny as a son of a bitch to her? You better believe it. Who am I to deprive her of that ray of light in her day?





Thankfully there have been some recent replacements for the rude and crude humor of the "Dice Man." Lisa Lampanelli is a GIANT woman, but absolutely one of the funniest people I have ever heard. Her roast of Flava Flav (and the surrounding countryside) left no gender, group, animal, vegetable or mineral untouched. Lewis Black is singlehandedly trying to break the record for the numbr of times someone can say the F word before being cancelled...and that's just fine with me. PFTNPOTFW (People for The Non-Proliferation Of The F Word)have lodged several complaints with the FCC already, so his days may be numbered.








"I'm Rick James, Bitch!"


Dave Chappelle is another great comedian, but I often get the sense that he holds back now, thanks to his popularity. He can't push too hard....if he's TOO funny, someone will pull his license.





I miss the great Rodney Dangerfield. I feel bad that he lived through the great "cleansing" of funny.
As much as I would love for him to have lived forever, I hate that he had to see the death of funny for fifteen years. Thankfully John Candy got to roll over before it all went down. I actually worked for him in Lake Arrowhead before he died (BIG DAMN HOUSE on the lake), and he was a super-nice guy.



This is my plea to humanity. If others are laughing, and you are not..it's YOU. Leave the building, the outdoor concert hall, whatever...and go home and listen to your John Denver records. Don't dick with my comedians...I am NOT a pretty man, and I need the ability to laugh AT something for the few seconds everyone else isn't laughing at ME.

6 Comments:

At 12:17 PM, Blogger rushman said...

I'm with you on this one man if these guys/gals want to drop the f-bomb or any other bombs I GARENTEE that I will be pissing on myself thats my kind of comedy.

 
At 6:13 PM, Blogger Sharpie said...

I piss on myself anyway, but it's only because my Johnson doesn't reach past my bag.

 
At 7:49 AM, Blogger rushman said...

I got the same problem but thats why I do push ups when I have to go that way I don't wet myself.

 
At 8:47 AM, Blogger Sharpie said...

I'll have to try that, it may keep my zippers from rusting out!

 
At 11:58 AM, Blogger rushman said...

I once had that problem to, but now I have Kim convert all my cloths to velcro so no more worries......

 
At 11:58 AM, Blogger rushman said...

I once had that problem to, but now I have Kim convert all my cloths to velcro so no more worries......

 

Post a Comment

<< Home