Sunday, October 05, 2008

Backbone Friends On The Move

E.J.'s laser-cut Titanium penis enlarger.











Our old home-slice, Evil Juicy (pictured above) has moved from Tempe! Formerly the inside sales dirt-bag for the custom Ti and carbon builder, he left for Orange County, CA Monday after Interbike. A long standing employee there in Tempe, he will now be working with the peeps at FELT. E.J. has always been one of the coolest, funniest mo' fo's I have met in the bike industry....despite the fact that he has blown every chance I have thrown him for a woman. :)

Now he's in the 'hood, and I am reasonably sure that the guys will be getting him partially blind from grain alcohol in the very near future. Evil Juicy was helpful in my move to OH last year, allowing me to crash at his place and get all torn up on a warm Arizona Wednesday night. Falling asleep (read that as "passing out") around 3a.m., I awoke at 5:30a.m. to race across the desert and up through Sedona, Flagstaff, and on to Alburquerque to pick up Lydia from the airport. I still am unsure how I managed that eight hour drive....




















On a kinda' crappy level, Rebekah and the girls from NOMAD were all rumored to have had their faces chopped off after Interbike...AFTER they all broke their asses at the trade show all week, baking in the 100 degree sun and wind. They all are hard workers, and thanks to Rebekah for taking a chance on us last year! Evil Juicy and I are talking to some people we know in Tempe, so we'll see if we can't get them back to work in very short order. The bike industry can be fickle, and it's when I hear things like that I m glad I am an "out-of-orbit" participant. Best of luck to the girls...


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home