Friday, October 03, 2008

Change Is A' Coming!

This is Malibu in November.



















Pix from last winter...












It happened this week. The air got dry, the sky got dark, and one night.....



It got cold. It's coming again. Not in Califonia, there it's still 100 degrees. It usually stays like that there until January. Not here. It's humid and hot, then one day....BAM. Dreary-ass and cold. I'll still wear shorts every day in protest as I did every day last year, but I'll be white and pasty. It's time to say goodbye to sunshine and stinky chamois'. Goodbye to pteradactyl-sized mosquitis infected with West Nile Virus and the stink of sewage flowing into the Olentangy River on a hot summer day. All the fun of sticky, hot, insect-laden midwest summers is rapidly leaving on the A-Train.














That's GREAT NEWS!! I LOVE THE WINTER! I get to build snow forts, ride studded mtb tires, get all muddy, and deal with looks of disbelief from passers by as I roll through town on my ice and muck-caked mountain bike with a s**t-eating grin on my face. I don't mind shoveling snow, and my blog pages get MUCH more creative when I'm shut in the house for a few days. I cook more, too, which is great. Driving is much more interesting, too.


















The leaves will begin to turn colors soon, and that's cool too. In Cali, Cactii don't really get a nice auburn and yellow color in the Fall. Most people are unaware that Fall even exists there. That four days of cool weather between Christmas and January are the BEST time to night ride in Cali, though. Crisp, cold mornings make for great climbing days....that would be great if there were any climbing here. I climbed a ladder once here...I may have gotten altitude sickness, I'm not sure.







So...it has begun. The fall will soon turn to winter, then on to more winter..followed by another month of winter. I wonder if Amino Vital makes marshmallows? I'll make some calls....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home