Friday, September 26, 2008

Interbike Day 5; Thursday

That's Mary's Olympic number plate, bitches!








The greatest female racer of our time..except Vanessa Humic...Mary Mac.











Ed Fonda of Voler showing you his favorite jersey.













661 and Sunline stuff on display























Mitch Delf's Tomac Primer.















An '09 Marzocchi 888, and the new CORSA w/handlebar mounted lockout.

















This limited edition Tomac is just frikkin bad ass.








Thursday was a mixture of things. The morning sucked at first due to the huge amount of standing at the booth. It was GREAT becuase Joel and Tomac Bikes agreed to stay with us through 2009! That means that Jeff Williams gets a Carbide to race on! I saw some of my favorite people in the entire world again today. Jim Roff arrived from Colorado just as Bert was heading back to California. I miss the guys and gals a ton, and was amazed to hear that Brianna Roff is heading to college next year. Wow! That's scary that it has been that long! I talked with Matt at Hydrapak who ensured me that he would cut me if we don't send him more pix of you guys on your Hydrapaks. I also saw our old 2005 team Tomac rep Mark Tipton, who set me up with a potential sponsor for next season!


I got to see Mary and Mike again today, too, while she had her Beijing Games bike in the booth! I saw Christophe Sauser's 19.5 lb. Stumpjumper, and some other great and NOT so great products. A company called WHEELTAGS had a great idea for the team's branding and bling factor.
They do these KILLER custom rim graphics, and I may be getting the DH guys a custom Backbone decal kit for their DH rims! I ran into old Supergo Santa Monica alums Rico and Jim also. Jim owns Cynergy Cycles in Santa Monica, the last great bike shop in the greater West Side. Rico is always a pleasure to speak to, and I don't see that guy NEARLY enough. Kinetic Koffee also helped me out big time today, keeping the java flowing that fueled my meal-free day at Amino Vital. Matt Patterson floated me a sweet Gel-Bot tonight, and I can't wait to use it!




Great booth redesign at KENDA thanks to Eric and Lydia, oh.......and they had a SICK skinwall Small Block 8 'cross tire! They also shored up the blocks on the DH casing KOT with tie bars, and that was cool. Ken at Xpedo listened to bert explain how he loves his MF-1A's, and James from SIGMA was barraged with people at Amino coming to him asking for deals via our team's good name. SIGMA by the way came up BIG this year...I have to keep it secret on the blog..but you guys are getting a deal of epic proportions thanks to James, Jenni, and Brian. The new ROX 8 and 9.0 computers were a home-run at the show..you gotta' see these things! I was fortunate enough to spend some quality time with the Amino Vital peeps, several of whom I had never met. They were great fun, and we were all on the same page and on the right track for the future. Look for some colaberations between sponsors soon!

After the show Wehe, Timo, her mechanic, and I went for dinner and a beer. Jim Roff and Jay are probably looking at other women's breasts, and those breasts probably smell like other men's hands right about now. I am sitting alone in my room paying $15 for internet hookups to post the team stuff on the blog. DAMN I am lame. If only I were good with the ladies..or had game..or even if I were attractive or smart or something y'know? I guess I'll end my night in Vegas the way I always do...





wiggling my junk in the window of my 10th floor panorama window to passers-by on the strip.....




gotta' love Vegas.





0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home