Thursday, January 15, 2009

The Hite-Rite Back?

photo by R. Cunningham

This pic was found on www.mbaction.com, and it was an article that was talking about Greg Herbold seen in Phoenix, ridng some protoype SRAM stuff at South Mountain. Despite all the cool stuff I am SURE H-Ball was riding, what impressed me the most was the fact that he had a frikkin' HITE RITE mounted to his seatpost! Holy-Crap! Where did he find that thing, and who is still making those that I might partake of one? SWEEEEET...



Hite-Rite mounted to a 1986 Ritchey Commando mountain bike. Sick.


Greg's might be a custom-made jobbie, but I hope someone can tell me who did it, because I am HATIN' on him until I find me one! This was one of two things that made me cry when it disappeared from circulation. The other was those little crazy-thin black rubbery-corky-closed-ended brake lever cover thingys. the last place I ever saw them was at a bike shop in Tarzana, CA. The shop owner bought all remaining stock from the inventor who just quit producing them. Boo-hoo...

1 Comments:

At 8:04 PM, Blogger taylor said...

Can anyone explain to a youngster like me, exactly what in the hell this thing is? But then, if HB has it, I won't doubt its cool factor or worthiness.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home