Thursday, April 02, 2009

Randy's Race Report: Fontucky Kenda Kup!


Hey Captn,

Sorry I'm alittle behind on my report, but I'm busy as shit at work! With the Fontucky National in the books.. it was a very fun weekend. Let me start off by saying it was great to finally met POB from Amino Vital (although it was for about five minutes before our race but nice guy), and then there's Jim Wanamakebabies! he had me in stitches a few times over the weekend and the stories he has ...it was great to hang out with him.

All right on to the races! I only got to race X-C and Super-D because my D-H time was the same as my X-C times so that blew, but X-C was pretty good. We had 32 guys and off the start on the first short climb I derailed a chain and had to push up so I was just about dead last at that point. We did three laps so I just tried to hammer on the first lap and make up as much as I could, but we got all jammed up on some off the single track downhill were I could really make up time. The second lap I just tried to ride consistent so I would have something left for lap three and also couldn't get my my bike to shift down on the same climb as the first lap so I had to push again. So lap three was good and I ended up thirteenth which I was a little bummed about. Was hoping for a top ten but it was good.

Now on to super-d. The course was half of the X-C course with a shit load of climbing, and my legs were spent. I've never done a mass start like that let alone having to sit down facing the opposite direction and have to run twenty yards uphill jump on and go. I couldn't get my feet in but it was ok the course was definitely beat up between my X-C race and the super-d so I ended up seventh in that.

All in all it was a great weekend and I want to give a HUGE THANKS to Roger he absolutely busted his ass for everyone on the team thanks Roger. So now on to my favorite race Sagebrush and I'll talk to ya next week.

Randy

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home