Sunday, May 17, 2009

Jeff "Tookie" Williams At 24 Hrs. Of Burn!



Friday night I am leaving work at 9:30p.m. to drive the 2.5 hours south into Jeff's hometown of Argyllite, Kentucky. After a quick change of vehicle around midnight, we (Jeff, his mom and I) are rapidly departing on a 5.5 hour drive into Wilkesboro, North Carolina. Arriving just before sun-up, we will have to make camp before sleeping for a short time. Jeff will have to get ready around 10a.m. for the noon start. That means I will also have to be ready to go. With a living room full of parts for a TOMAC CARBIDE that we have been awaiting since December (still not here), I will deliver the build kit sans bike anyway just to see my carpet again. Jeff will have to race on his 15 year old back-up bike, since he sold his 29er waaaay back months ago in anticipation of the "ghost frame."



This was the most fun race I had attended in years last year when Jeff and Big Ed went. I can only hope we have as much fun this year. Jeff has been itching to go out and earn the killer perk-kit he gets as a Backboner, thus ensuring his future on the team in 2010. Jeff is a great guy who knows how things work, and is always in contact with our sponsors regarding the product he gets..or just to say hi to the people who give him the things he needs to keep racing (often overlooked by riders).

With Austin and Jeff both out in BIG slug-fest races this weekend, I'll almost feel bad for all the hog-knuckles and fried okra I'll be eating while they race!

4 Comments:

At 6:25 PM, Blogger Vegas said...

Good luck Tookie Monster! Kick some as out there!

 
At 11:10 AM, Blogger Tookie said...

This year the Wife and Kid is going this year. Chris will need to be the bug collector helper for my Kid while I'm on the trail, that's a real team captain for ya.
The word of the weekend is COFFEE, COFFEE, COFFEE and Poptarts

 
At 8:52 PM, Blogger Sharpie said...

I leave C-Bus after working until 9:30pm Friday, then leave straight for the 2.5 hour drive to Jeff's..followed by a 5.5 hour drive to North Carolina. Ugh. Then we set up for the race. Then Jeff races while I pit. then we tear down and I roll for 8 straight hours back home. Sweet! Bring it on bitches!

 
At 8:53 PM, Blogger Sharpie said...

OH..and Jeff will be using a demo bike from roll:! Since his Carbide is still not in, he will be racing a never-touched, outta the box BMC Trailfox! NICE!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home