Monday, May 11, 2009

The Lock


It was loooong ago that the lock was invented. It's design was intended to deter the unwanted from enjoying the things that YOU had worked so hard to obtain. Locks can be found on bank vaults to secure money and jewelery, on homes to keep burglers out, even lugguge has the ability to be locked up tighter than a boy-dog just in case someone wants to preruse your panties. Locks can come with a key, a combination, or even via digitally encoded remote control. Whatever form they manifest themsleves in, the end result is the same...you typically get to keep your stuff. The thing is, by locking your stuff up, most people looking to relieve you of your things will look for an easier target.


That "easier target" is my lovely wife. Her brand new Hyundai Tucson, which gets the nice covered parking in our neighborhood, has a sweet set of those crazy new-fangled power-assisted, remote controlled door locks (with alarm, I might add). They actually require so little effort to enable a simple fart requires more personal strain to muster. Her Christmas present from me was a TomTom that she had begged me to get for weeks. So I did. In the glovebox it sat last night, nestled in snugly no doubt with very important personal information that will surely be sold for twelve dollars and a burrito to a guy looking for work in Los Angeles' garment district next month.

Locks are awesome. They just need to actually be locked in order for them to work. I know, I know.."Someone should have told me that at the dealership!" she will say, despite the numerous and now markedly ironic amount of discussions we have had on the very topic at hand. It's a good thing her guitar wasn't in the car last night, or my bike. So...despite the fact that I COULD and probably should say "I told you so," I will just write this blog page so all the guys out there can nonchalantly say "Hey honey! You have to come read this!" then slowly sneak away in the hopes that someone ELSE telling them the same thing might actually make a difference.

4 Comments:

At 7:56 AM, Blogger rushman said...

So your saying she will have her guitar on her back and her thumb out now.

 
At 8:12 AM, Blogger Sharpie said...

naaah...it was HER car and stuff, I lock my truck up every time I leave it.

 
At 7:19 PM, Blogger Vegas said...

Locks are only for people with jobs!

 
At 10:15 AM, Blogger k2colo said...

rookie mistake Chris, you will pay for this.... at some time of her choosing... without warning.... or explanation... thanks for taking one for the team.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home