Saturday, May 16, 2009

Randy's Vail Lake Report



Hey Captn,

Ok now it's Saturday and I'm sending you a race report for LAST Saturday at Vail Lake.. but it's been a hell of a week. Well I went out to the Racers and Chasers spring final race last weekend to have a little fun because Robert always changes and always lays out a good X-C course. He also runs S-D and a crit race too, but I just did X-C this weekend. When I went to the first race, there were about 35 to 50 riders. Dude this weekend he had around 150 racers! It was really nice to see the support because he's got a great thing going out there. So the course he laid out was unreal! By far the funnest race course so far and I haven't raced one I didn't like yet, but this one was good.

He starts everyone in waves now unlike before, but it's getting a lot bigger so he starts it by class. I took off with all the sports and felt really good. I was at the back but on the first climb I passed a lot of guys to work up to the top eight overall. The course had some very tight and technical singletrack that we really couldn't pass on, but it was fun. So I almost ate shit on a really fast rough down hill with a big cliff. It would not have been fun to go down! That really scared me and I couldn't figure out why I couldn't stand up for a little while after that.. it was the fact that my starfish had drawn such suction on my seat that it took a little while to brake the seal! Anyway I was in fourth with less than a quarter mile to go and I smacked a pedal on a rock and got pitched sideways and got passed right there so I ended up fifth and on the podium. Oh and a little side not my pedal didn't break either! Thanks Ken at XPEDO! My pedals are the bomb. So anyway it was a very fun day and now I need a weekend off.

They have a race in June and start times are going to be at 7:30 to beat the heat a little. I keep saying it but if you like to race mtn. bikes you need to go out to Vail Lake and race one of these races! I'm telling you will keep going back, it's that much fun. Go check out racersandchasers.com for the schedule.

That's all Captn. talk to ya soon.

Randy



**Thanks for the CONSTANT RACE UPDATES and hard wpork for your team, Randy! You rock buddy!

P.S. My hollow Titanium spindled XPEDO Ti/Ti/Mag pedals have been used now for three years, with a fatty weighing a good 50lbs over their weight limit, and they still spin like brand new with no issues at all.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home