Sunday, May 03, 2009

Randy 's Santa Ynez National Report




Hey Captn,

I know this is way late but I also new you were on you honeymoon so it didn't matter. Anyway as you know we headed to Santa Ynez for the Kenda cup race last weekend and Vanessa and I rode X-C D-H and S-D and it was alot of fun to be able to do all three. So we get there on Friday , get set up and Vanessa, rod and myself went out to preride the course as it was alot different from years past. The other thing that was alot different different was the weather it was only in the sixties not hundreds and very windy and actually cold.

So on to the racing sat. Vanessa and I had D-H practice in the morn. and final runs at 11:30 THEN s-d AT 4:30. So Vanessa goes for her first practice run right in front of me and the first jump has a hole behind it and she hits it on her carbide and ALMOST ate shit and I just about crapped myself so we got back for run #2 and changed a few things on her bike and she got better every run after that. The course was really fun to me but the wind was blowing at about 40 miles an hour so I wasn't jumping anything after watching guys crashing after getting blown across the course.

After my first race run I was three seconds down and in second place so I was just going to get down the hill in run #2 and take second and be happy. After run 2 I go to the results and find out I beat the guy by a half second for the overall so dude I was stoked. So on to S-D Vanessa said the course wasn't as good as last year but it was cool but at the top of the course the wind was blowing like a bitch and it made the first third of the race a bitch. So after all was done in S-D I ended up with third so I was really stoked two races two podiums.

Sunday X-C day was a little chilly in the morning but good racing weather so I had thirty guys in my class and I lead the pack for the fist mile or so and was felling good but that would come to an end soon after as I didn't hydrate enough on Saturday just concentrated two munch on both the races and didn't even think about re-hydrating because it was cool out to but anyway I hung in the top ten until a third of the way threw the second loop and just didn't have any legs for the climbs and was in pure survival mode after that and finish sixteenth out of thirty and was kinda bummed because after getting sixth at sagebrush I was felling good to maybe get a podium but oh well it was a very busy and very fun weekend.

Thanks again to all of our team sponsors we have great support and I really appreciate everything they do for us. And I want to give another huge thanks to Jim Wannamakebabies he had an area set up for us and anything we needed he was there to get it for us so thank you again for everything Jim.

Well that's all Captn. next week is my favorite Idyllwild so I will talk to you then.

Randy

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home