Sunday, May 03, 2009

Idyllwild Spring Challenge Report




Roger, Vanessa, and I headed to my favorite course Idyllewild on Saturday to race the spring challenge. I arrived early on Saturday and it was fu**in cold and I'm thinking not only is this course long and very hard but it's going to be freezing to just great but by the time race time came it warmed up a little and was really pretty nice weather to race in. So the pro's and experts started forty five minutes ahead of everyone else because there loops were at least seven miles longer than everyone else's so I watched Vanessa take off then got to warming up myself. We had fifteen guys in my class and another twenty in the 40-45 class but started us all together. So at the start I lead my group out for the first mile and a half then decided that this is a long race and I better kick it down a notch because I remember what hap-pend to me two years ago when you raced it and it wasn't pretty.

I decided to let a few guys by and settled in a pace that was comfortable which was around seventh place or so. I rode almost the whole race with one other guy that wasn't in my class and I tell you what I had a blast the course is so much fun but it is the most technical coarse I've ever ridden on but this year I had a gr-et time and the race went by very fast it seemed. When we got to the pavement on the way in I could see a rider from my class so I hammered on the road and caught a passed him and finished in sixth place which I was very happy with and I had a great time. Vanessa I believe finished in second place and she said she had a good time to so it was a good day.

That's all man this week next week is the spring series at Vail lake so I will talk to you with a race report from their next week have a good one Captn.

Randy

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home