Tuesday, October 09, 2007

Backbone's Brant "The Hitman" Hatton















Hello Chris!

Yeah, Yeah, I know.... My pedaling skillzzz far out
perform my communication skillzzzzz.... But I figured
I'd better get in touch with you before I saw you in
person to lessen the ass chewing I am going to
receive... I'm at my parents in Austin, Texas a few
hours from where I grew up in East Texas. I'm enjoying
some much needed time off from my day job as a Club
Manager at a 24 Hour Fitness in Huntington Beach!! I
fly back 2-moro... I moved to California in 1994 while
enlisted in the Marine Corps... That is when I got into
mtn. bike racing and my biggest accomplishment was
winning the Inter. Service Championship.. At the time
I was an aspiring pro-rider that maxxed out at the
Expert level, and felt I had reached my peak... alot
happened and basically wrote off my cycling career,
did the responsible thing and got a degree in
electronics. After a few years in that industry I
decided to follow my passion and start personal
training part time at 24 HR. That was 5 years ago
and here we are today. I have used the knowleadge
that I have gained from 15+ years of endurance racing
with the past 5 years of studying bio-mechanics and
the body as a machine to propel my fitness back to as
good, if not better condition than where I was as a
young buck!

Over the years I have competed in numerous
sprint triathlons, Sprint X-terra's (winning one in
half moon bay in 2001..) The FourWinds Adventure Race
(1997, 361 miles in 6.15 days...) downhill racing, and
consistantly cross country mtn. bike racing (Sport
mostly for fun)and a few Mini-adventure races... All
being moderatly successfull, and overwhemingly fun!!!
Dont' forget my latest passion Cyclo-cross!! Last year
I did 4 races on a 26 lb. bike and loved every painful
second of it! My best finish was forth in 3-4..

This winter I plan to do most of the 11
races of the SOCAL-CROSS in 3-4 and finish strong in
the points.... Take 6 weeks off and stay in the gym,
maybe do base work on the road... I'm still debating
next season on going semi-pro... I would like to talk
to some of the guys and Roger for some good advice
(sounds like a good topic to discuss over a couple of
beers!! COORS ok?) and see how I feel after kicking
ass in the cross series before I decide...

Well I hope this sheds some light on the
mysterious guy with all the damn tatoos!! I look
forward to being part of this awesome cycling family
and hope I can contribute more over the months to
come!! Enough pecking for now!!! As you found I suck
at coresspondance so feel free to call,
although I did just get a new kickass phone that has
internet so feel free to e-mail anytime... Just don't
hold you breath for an immediate response, for I am
probably out riding or my second hobby... chasing
chics!!!!

Thanks For the Opportunity!!

Brant "HITMAN" Hatton

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home