Tuesday, February 05, 2008

Forum Dorks

**Typical Bike Club Forum Groupie**


On line bike forums are a sad place. The occasional forays for information I can get, but it's the lifers who crack me up. Responding to every comment or question, eager to give advice they know nothing about, the Forum Dork enjoys the act of TALKING about riding much more than the actual ACT of riding. Knowing only the trails within a forty minute drive from home, they are the fastest of the slow..the slowest of the dull. I have heard fom people who have told me that "Chris at Titus sent me a Moto-Lite II to ride this year, but it sucked..it was overdamped."
When they find out Chris hasn't been at Titus for some time, and actually makes Pivot Cycles now..and that the Fox RP23 shock on that bike has a 3-way platform dampener...and that it was Bike Of The Year for a number of years...the story changes rapidly.



***Photo of a REAL rider..Chuck-T racing at Fontucky******


I am going to have to hope that my forays into this full of crap Virtual-Bike world are limited at best, since the propensity for me to want to set much of it straight far outweighs my time to do so. Amazingly enough, when you meet someone actually ON THE TRAIL, you don't meet too many d-bags. Maybe that's because they are out getting sunshine and attention from members of the opposite sex? Anyhoo..it's 60 degrees here today, and I have to prep for my ride. PEACE!

3 Comments:

At 7:44 AM, Blogger rushman said...

Would this remind us of DARWIN???????

 
At 10:03 AM, Blogger Sharpie said...

Seriously! what would you rather do..line up at Idyllwild or get all pasty responding to a comment about a Dura-Ace equipped hybrid?

 
At 6:46 PM, Blogger timari said...

Hey Chris, seems like those Ohio mtn bikers, oh wait, shouldn't we call them "hill bikers"....may be spending too much time repsonding to your simple act of posting a bike for sale.....a bike that they feel is a Wal-mart bike!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home