Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Tests

**Me, contacting the great Ka'amelto'a, Polynesian spirit of tight pants********

We all get tested every day, whether we want to admit it or even know about it. This was brought up during a rather comical and woefully undermedicated converstaion Lyd and I had two days ago. We were talking about a lot of things, and she had said that "I was always being tested." I thought it funny that a woman would actually admit to what every single man already knows(or should know, if they pay attention). So far, I have passed all these tests....but where are we being tested that we don't know about?
A place that I get tested on a weekly (if not daily)basis is here on the team. Being so emotionally and personally invested in all of you, I am often forced to make executive decisions that at some point will upset someone, or make them feel slighted at the very least. I certainly never wish this to happen, but when you are trying to look after this many folks with so little resources..I can't honestly hope to make everyone happy all the time, despite every honest effort to do so. Roger and Jim have had a very crappy time I am certain dealing with this as well, but at least (usually) it's my decision, and they have to deal with the consequences. They can at least go "Hey, it was ass-wipe Chris, not me!" At least you all should know that I actually take a CRAP load of input from you guys, the sponsors, etc. when trying to do the right thing. It's a test that I may pass, and I may fail, on a person by person basis.
You guys get tested as well. At races, you test your will and the desire to reach inside and pull out your guts for yourself and the team. You test the strength of your personal relationships by adding stress to them. You leave the family to race every weekend, and as if being gone isn't enough...it also takes a financial toll. You all know how many realtionships I have gone through..and JOBS, as a result of keeping this all together. But you do what you must..and hopefully you pass more tests than you fail. What other tests lie in wait for us?
Evertime I eat a bucket of KFC extra-crispy, I know I am testing my organs. Evertime I call Lydia "the Ol' lady," I know I am testing fait. Every time Randy wants to drive to Sea Otter, he tests Kim's ability to tolerate a raging lunatic.
What tests lie in wait that I don't know about? Please feel free to provide me with comic-relief in the answers...

8 Comments:

At 11:29 AM, Blogger rushman said...

Captn. you know how I'm going to test you when you come back out.

 
At 1:04 PM, Blogger Sharpie said...

Does it have anything to do with a "chocolate starfish?"

 
At 2:04 PM, Blogger rushman said...

Oh maybe so!!!!!!

 
At 3:04 PM, Blogger Vegas said...

testing testing, 1...2...3...

 
At 3:07 PM, Blogger Vegas said...

Test tube (the vial that Chris undoubtedly sprang from). You think nature had anything to do with him? I didn't think so!

 
At 3:10 PM, Blogger Vegas said...

TESTarossa. A car none of us will ever be able to afford.

 
At 3:12 PM, Blogger Vegas said...

TESTaverde, Vincent Frank (born November 13, 1963 in Brooklyn, New York). Carolina Panthers. Holds the NFL record for having thrown a touchdown pass in 21 consecutive seasons. As a University of Miami quarterback, he won the Heisman Trophy in 1986.

 
At 3:12 PM, Blogger Vegas said...

TESTicles. Nuff said.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home