Monday, December 08, 2008

Snow Day!

This was a picture from the Alum Creek trail network yesterday. The sun was out, the snow was still crunchy in the shade, and it sure beat riding the wind trainer.









The K.O.T. from Kenda (that's King Of Traction) comes in a 1.8 casing size, and it's perfect for the snow and slop here in Ohio right now. I'm sure that the Left Coasters are still on their Small Block 8's, but I'm changing to my mud tires. These tires ar a direct descendant of the old ONZA Porcupine tire circa 1990.















It was an ideal day for some winter mountain bike riding yesterday. It was the anniversary of the Dec. 7th attack on Pearl Harbor by the Japanese Navy. As the years drag on, we hear less and less about this pivotal point in our history, "...a day that will live in infamy." My grandfather, Jack "Swede" Lindgren was a top bubble gunner aboard a B-17 bomber in the Pacific Theatre. Only one member of his original flight crew would survive that war, and they were shot down repeatedly throughout the campaign. He is pictured here just after returning from the war with my mom and grandmother.






The cold weather was a great chance to reflect on their lives, and remember those who died that day.












1 Comments:

At 9:10 AM, Blogger Amanda Winter said...

Ok, that's the best family photo I've ever seen. Your grandmother was smokin' and I can totally see the resemblance between you and your mom, even as a tot. I like it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home