Monday, January 26, 2009

RANDY WINS!



Captn drizzle,

Ok man I have an actual race report to send you this week. Trevor and I were on our own this week my wonderful wife, team cheerleader, team chef couldn’t make it so we had to venture on for a boys weekend with Taylor and Darter going to be there to race also. Well we rolled out Friday night as usual getting things set up when we arrived having some chow (thanks Kim) and then hittin the sack. Saturday...... Oh Saturday would be a VERY PAINFUL day indeed the course was in good shape they have had a little rain up there during the week so things were good. Now I don't know if you've heard but there's some kind of "Sand Fly" that is nesting on the part of the course that goes by the name of HURL HILL so we can't use that part of the course any longer, but Donnie cut in a new section to tie it in with the old section that turned out to be pretty fun though not really done yet but still fun.

Now here's were the fun is…. being as the course is shorter now they decided to increase laps. Now normally I would be all for that but not right now because climbing up to the water tank a third time really f**kin hurts when not in good shape yet. Sorry for getting off course there anyhoo I had twelve guys in my class and started fairly well running third for half of the first loop then it all went to hell in a hand basket and half way threw the second loop I was in pure survival mode and just thinking man I have all those clime's AGAIN, but I got threw it and ended up finishing eighth out of twelve and I was absolutely dead and had to go to sign ups and ask for a rain check because I was supposed to race super-d to but there was no way.



After downing some AMINO VITAL and resting for a couple hours it was off to do a couple D-H runs as I signed up for that to. My practice runs went ok and I really liked the course layout this week just a lot of flowing turns and not a hole lot of rock gardens which works for me, but I only had two practice runs in me so off to the cooler I went. Sunday morning I did one practice run , felt like shit almost falling four times I said f**k it I will just do my race run and call a weekend. I did my race run and felt great only dabbing my foot once and ended up winning my class (only four guys) but what the heck I had a great time. I tell you one thing I give all our downhill guys and all downhill guys props because after peddling that wall I was GASSED so props to you guys that do that weekly.



Well I think that’s it and we will be back at Fontucky in two weeks to do it all over again and hopefully get super-d in to.



Randy

3 Comments:

At 12:15 PM, Blogger rushman said...

By the way Captn. when do we get that new D-H gear ?

 
At 1:38 PM, Blogger Sharpie said...

As soon as the budget check gets here, and clears the bank I'll make the order!

 
At 3:37 PM, Blogger rushman said...

I would like a small so I don't have to pack so much if you know what I mean.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home