Sunday, August 02, 2009

Tookie's Lake Hope Race Fiasco!


Hey, Chris
Just giving you an update on how the Tomac rocked Lake Hope.
About 4 miles in everything was going well, I was running in third with first and second place about twenty feet in front. Then SHIT HAPPENED! A quick G-Out with steep climb waiting, I started to shift to power up the first part of the climb, POP goes the chain and the next 5-8 minutes was spent linking the damn thing back together. At the first of the race I was worried about how my legs would feel after riding over a 160 miles last weekend, so with my little break and no chance of a top five, it was time to play on the Tomac! I floated the downhills with more confidence then ever, I'm still getting use to the rear tracking on the climbs, but all said I had a great time until I snapped the chain again on the last climb into the finish.

Note to self ( get new Chain before next race)

Talk Later
Tookie

1 Comments:

At 8:35 AM, Blogger rushman said...

Tookie go with KMC chains dude you won't regret it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home