Sunday, June 26, 2011

Gold In Tahoe, Bronze In Ohio.




Well, let's just say when I woke up this morning and checked the weather channel and it showed a giant blob of green over the entire state of Ohio, I was thinking that figures I just shined the Tomac up from a nice muddy ride earlier in the week. The lake hope course can take a little rain, but 6 hours of rain and over 300 rides I knew this was going to be 17 miles of mud soup.
I suck at starts in the rain my leg felt like dead tree stumps, so I tried to set back and ride smart, I kept saying don't slide into a tree like you did last year and wait to let your legs warm up a little.
By the time my legs wanted to work I was dropped back to ninth place of so in my class, so I had to go with the riding smart plan. The course was muddy, sticky, slippery and just plan shity. Everyone was fighting chain suck within the first three miles, my Ryder glasses were caked with mud to the point that wiping them off with my mud caked Royal gloved wasn't helping, but I'm here to say that my SlantSix tires are the best tire I've put on a bike, and they helped in every muddy corner with no sliding what so every and dug in on every climb keeping the Carbide glued to the ground. The Tomac looks a little rough after the race but it made it through mud caked KMC chain and all, I battled back up through the pack riding smart with no wreks into a thrid place finish. Let's do it again in two weeks.
Later Tookie







Vegas Bob and Timo Pruis teamed up in Lake Tahoe this week, and worked hard together to grab the GOLD! With Timo's recently acquired swimming skills, and VB's mad short-track skills..they managed to best their field for the win! GREAT JOB to everyone this week!

2 Comments:

At 9:08 PM, Blogger Vegas said...

We weren't a team, but we did give em the one-two punch! We raced the XTERRA, individually (not a relay), so we each did all three legs: lake swim, mountain bike, and trail run. I won the men's race and she won the women's! She was so fast she actually placed 10th in the overall, including the men! That's how it's done, baby!

 
At 5:17 AM, Blogger Sharpie said...

Thanks Bob! I had written it after reading Timo's FB pages..and they indicated you two were working together..sorry! Great job dude, seriously awesome result!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home