Saturday, June 18, 2011

160 Miles With the Fuzz..


Chris,

Hope all is well with you and the family.

We completed the Los Angeles to the Mexican Border ride on Saturday. What a great journey! Starting out from home and making it all the way down to San Ysidro was an epic journey for me because it was the longest I have ever ridden in my life in one shot. Passing through all the historical sites and the beach towns was incredible. Climbing up Torrey Pines on mile 128, racing into Old Town San Diego, and then through Downtown San Diego was my favorite part. The adrenaline rush of the thought of actually finishing the ride gave me a boost for the last 20 miles or so. Out of the 16 riders that started this journey only 3 of us made it to the end. Mauricio, Cuban Juan, and myself.

This personal achievement couldn't have happened without our proud sponsors. Personally would like to thank Molly Thompson from Amino Vital for her support and ongoing work she does for our team. Without Amino Vital I would have never had the amino acid supplement and recovery to ride 160 miles in 10 hours. It is still amazing to me how fresh I felt throughout the whole ride. Never had a notion of cramping up or fatigue. Actually got stronger after the 90 mile mark where we had stopped for lunch and I refueled with Amino Vital Endurance Lemon. The day after I actually went on a ride around San Diego for a recovery ride, felt that good! The other riders were even asking me what that white powder was and many of them tried it out during the ride with great results. Most of the riders had Cytomax, Hammer, or Gatorade-like drinks but Amino Vital blew them out of the water.

Thank you again...

Until the next Epic ride coming very soon...

Fuzz

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home