Monday, December 04, 2017

BKOOL TRAINING WITH JOSH QUALLS.


I'll admit, the thought of being on a bike trainer made me cringe at times! I sold my old cheap bike trainer and purchased set of rollers; they were great because it kept my attention but I was basically just spinning my legs, there wasn't resistance. With my work schedule and having custody of my son, sometimes it's hard to squeeze in a ride during the week so the rollers, although fun, I did feel like I was gaining progress during training.

Brian from BKOOL and I talked for a couple of days; he asked if I was interested in becoming an ambassador for the BKOOL company. After looking into their products/reviews, I was happy to accept the ambassadorship! A few days later I received the new BKOOL Smart Pro 2 trainer. The design is simple and very simple to set up! The BKOOL simulator program was also very simple to set up. Download, make a username and password, input my information (height/weight etc), pair my devices (trainer, cadence and heart rate monitor) and I'm ready to ride.

I was more interested in their BKOOL simulator; I needed something to keep my attention while being on the trainer during winter training. With over 500,000 routes you can ride literally anywhere in the world. One day I was riding at Central Park in New York City, another day riding Giro d'Italia, riding a velodrome and riding Alpe D'huez. There's so many options!

The simulator has real time weather, so if it's rain/snowing in real time where I'm riding, it will do so on the simulator! I'm very impressed with how accurate climbing a 5% + grade on the trainer mimics riding on the road. 

Yesterday I started their Winter Cup series, Stage 1 was an Individual Time Trial (ITT) in Jerusalem. I'm currently ranked 2nd in the USA. The Winter Cup series runs from December to April, riding in a different country on each stage. 

Oh! I cannot forget that even my son can ride his 16" bike on the BKOOL trainer! He wanted to get in a ride before I did, I figured it was worth a shot to mount his bike! Behold, it worked! He did a lap on a velodrome and had a grin from ear to ear that he was doing something I enjoy to do! 

Thank you Brian and BKOOL for this opportunity! I see a lot of suffering this winter!
 
**See the BKOOL AMERICA link in the "sponsors" column.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home