Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Good Form



I look at a shit-ton of pictures every day. I organize by race, rider, and even categorize them for each sponsor according to whether I think they would be useable or not. Periodically, I am amazed by some of them....and they are usually Michael Darter's. I have been going back to these handfull of shots from Fontana NMBS and Sea Otter, because Vanessa's form and mechanics are just flawless. In the picture above, she is rocketing down some sandy singletrack, looking THROUGH the turn..just like you are supposed to.






The next three shots are from Sea Otter, and they show a steep and loose climb to the pavement, just above the finish line. I saw a TON of riders NOT make this. When Vanessa went by, it was scary how effortless she made it look. I went home and saw the photos that Lyd took, and I know why now. She was all but perfect. I know, it's a little dopey that I would even notice..but I do.





















The next two show V climbing at Fontana, another steep and crappy climb. Again, the form follows the function. I find that fitness can only get you so much, but good mechanics can really set you apart when you need that extra little something. Just wanted to show you what it should look like, just in case that long winter made you forget. Nice work Vanessa.






0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home