Sunday, March 08, 2009

SMELLY-BONELLI RACE UPDATES!

Roger's Backbone Team Support Vehicle (all pix courtesy of Rog.)


THE FUZZ IS BACK!


Randy sweating Heini's.


How cool are we? Roger lets non-TOMAC owners from PMBC race OUR BIKES if it doesn't conflict with our riders' race times! WHO ELSE DOES THAT? Only us.


Vanessa and Matt warming up..






Vegas Bob's Tomac CARBIDE.


BERT!!!!!







PMBC girls are fast. Pretty. Pretty fast.


Captn goon,
Well dude, I got to give Mr. Wannamaker, Kenda, all the other sponsors and of course Team Big Bear's Tom Spiegel and his staff major prop's because this event was of the hook in my opinion dude. They expected 320 to 360 riders and there was 700 or more ..it was huge. The course was totally different from the usual state course we run, it went the opposite direction and used parts of the SE velo course and the regular Bonelli course. It was very very fast but I really liked it compared to the regular course.

As far as my race went we had 30 guys in the 45 to 49 cat 2 class(god I feel like a roadie) and after starting towards the back, I worked my way up using some down hill and some moto skills to out brake people on the very fast rocky slippery down hills. My legs are coming around because my climbing wasn't too bad yesterday! Anyway I ended up twelfth, which I was a little bummed about. I thought I worked my way into the top ten but I felt really good so all in all it was a National feeling race, and It was a very fun day. It was very good to see all the team which I haven't seen in quite a while.

Randy


TEAM HIGHLIGHTS...

VANESSA TOOK SILVER IN SUPER-D and 6th in XC!

Matt took 4th in XC

THE FUZZZZZZZZ placed 6th in XC!! Way to go Fuzz!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home